GS Resident Advisors (RAs) provide support to all GS students living in Columbia Residential housing by serving as peer resources and facilitating a positive living and academic environment. Through passive and active programming represented within the below initiatives, RAs provide opportunities for support, social networking, and citizenship development, serve as a resource to help students manage housing concerns including roommate issues and facilities questions, and provide guidance on better navigating Columbia and New York City.
- Develop a sense of community among residents
- Build relationships with residents in the community, and assist residents in developing relationships with each other
- Educate residents on the policies and procedures of GS Housing and Columbia Residential
- Hold residents accountable for their behavior
- Promote student involvement in University activities
- Facilitate an environment that fosters academic success
- Provide helping skills for residents in need
Meet the Resident Advisors
Please feel free to email us to learn more about monthly resident events or just to say hi.
- Mondays, 4 - 5 p.m., New Residence Hall Study Room, Teachers College
- Tuesdays, 4:15 - 5:15 p.m., GS Lounge
Thursdays, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m., Zoom
My name is Allison Darne, and I am a rising senior entering my third year at Columbia GS. I am working on a major in American studies and hope to pursue a joint law (JD) and Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree after I graduate. I am very passionate about my community and look forward to giving back and contributing further to our GS community after everything it’s done for me. This program is unlike any other, and I’m grateful to be part of it. I’m excited to get to know you all even better this year, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
- Mondays, 12 - 1 p.m., Uris Library
- Tuesdays, 3 - 4 p.m., 3rd Floor Lounge, Hastings Hall, Union Theological Seminary
- Thursdays, 5 - 6 p.m., Zoom
My name is Yarin Reindorp, and I'm a senior at GS. I grew up in Israel, lived in New Mexico for a couple of years, and recently fell in love with NYC. Before coming to Columbia, I worked in emergency medicine and teaching & learning, and now major in neuroscience and behavior on the path to becoming a doctor. I am grateful to be able to say that GS has become my home as it brings together some of the most unique and inspirational individuals from all ends of the world and truly embraces how "untraditional" we are. Know that I am always here for you and look forward to meeting you!
- Mondays, 1 - 2 p.m., GS Lounge
- Wednesdays, 1 - 2 p.m., GS Lounge
- Fridays, 4 - 5 p.m., Zoom
My name is Robert Mulvey. I am a retired, former professional dancer pursuing my bachelor’s degree in philosophy with a French concentration. I was born in Bethesda, MD and spent many years moving all around the United States – Maine, Vermont, Idaho, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and more! In my last few years dancing, I became deeply involved in labor organizing, and from there transitioned into a variety of management roles in luxury fashion sales and luxury hospitality. As a former team leader, I am intimately aware of the ways strong communication and comradery can enrich a community, and I am eager to discover ways to strengthen these bonds within our very own unique GS student body. I am thrilled to return to school, and what better place than Columbia – with its core curriculum – to venture on a journey to expand my mind! I am so blessed to be a resource, confidant, and friend to every one of you, and I cannot wait to meet you on campus soon!
- Mondays, 1 - 2 p.m., Fairholm Lounge
- Mondays, 6 - 7 p.m., Havemeyer Lounge
- Tuesdays, 12 - 1 p.m., Zoom
Hi, my name is Isabella Hung and prior to attending Columbia I worked in R&D at Oreo as a Chemical Engineer. My job was to develop and launch new Oreo flavors across the globe. While it certainly was the sweetest job I’ve ever had, I’m here at GS as a post bac student on the pre-medical physician track. I’m excited to meet you all and celebrate each unique path that brought us to GS. Know that I’m always here to help so please feel free to reach out at any time!