The Columbia School of General Studies is seeking a student to work as a marketing and communications assistant, providing general support to the professional team that manages the School's communications to prospective and current GS students, as well as alumni—including those in the Postbac Premed Program and the School’s International Dual Degree Programs.
The assistant will help promote news, events, and other things happening on campus across various platforms, including the GS website, weekly student newsletters, recruitment emails, and social media channels. This position offers the potential to acquire widely-applicable skills, and is an excellent professional opportunity for students interested in a career in marketing and/or communications or related fields.
- Posting events and opportunities of interest to students through various channels
- Assisting in preparation of weekly undergraduate and Postbac Premed student newsletters via Marketing Cloud
- Assisting in preparation of regular deadline and event promotion emails to prospective students
- Assisting with content development for GS social media outlets and execution of social campaigns
- Writing and editing short news stories, articles, and profiles for the School’s website and social media channels
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability and desire to work in a small-team environment
- Experience with email marketing a plus
- Experience using social media with a focus on Instagram, but also including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of Drupal, Canva, Sprout Social, and/or Marketing Cloud programs a plus
Part-time (10 - 15 hours per week, with the possibility to work up to 30 hours during the summer; the communications team will work with the successful applicant on determining hours that work with their course schedule)
Minimum commitment of one year
$18.25 per hour (work-study eligible, but not required)
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.