Full-time, Paid, Research Coordinator, Cancer Trials
Thurs., Jan. 19
Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Health Care System and the Narrows Institute for Biomedical Research
The Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Health Care System (VA-NYHHS), in collaboration with the Narrows Institute for Biomedical Research Inc., is seeking a research coordinator to work on clinical trials to improve health care delivery and health outcome for veterans with cancer. The coordinator will assist in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to data collection, management, and analysis, as well as maintaining communication among team members. There may also be opportunities to co-author academic research papers.
- Screening eligible patients for Prostate, Lung and Bladder clinical trials using clinical referrals, inpatients, computer system, or as specifically indicated by protocol.
- Conducting informed consent and patient interviews in-clinic and over the phone.
- Collaborating with Investigators to refer subjects and receive instructions for follow-up.
- Ensuring consent process has taken place effectively, all questions are answered satisfactorily and documented into Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and other source document.
- Coordinating somatic and liquid biopsies being sent for sequencing.
- Collecting and processing specimens to be shipped to central laboratories in accordance with protocol specifications.
- Compiling and maintaining genetic database for VA Brooklyn and Manhattan campuses
- Initiating and completing all required specifications to effectively transport/transfer specimens specifically indicated by protocol.
- Coordinating logistical findings for all Foundation One Medicine requisites.
- Maintaining study databases of information collected from review of medical records
- Coordinating and monitoring germline counseling which includes but is not limited to identifying, recruiting, aiding in consenting while keeping a meticulous record.
- Monitoring and recording all meetings and report due; including but not limited to producing all presentations and multiple yearly review reports
- Collaborating with investigators to design and implement IBR approved qualitative and quantitative studies
- Assisting in the preparation of protocol applications, amendments, protocol deviations/exceptions, continuing reviews, and informed consent documents for VA IRB review and approval.
- Managing data collection, organization, record keeping and management of research records for all IRB approved Clinical trials.
- Participating in data cleaning and constructing data reports.
- Reporting all Adverse Events and Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) to Institutional Review Board and other agencies, as required.
- Attending project staff meetings and participating in partnership activities. Working well with other study personnel.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- At least 2 plus years of relevant healthcare and/or research/science experience
- Master’s Degree a plus
- At least 1 year of research-related and/or statistical analysis, experience, and familiarity with various Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platforms (ie. CPRS, EPIC), data collection and statistical software (ie. REDCap, Excel, Inform, RAVE) a plus
- Experience conducting phone interviews a plus
- Clinically-inclined a plus – whether having direct clinical experience or operational experience, the candidate should be comfortable working with clinicians and stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds/professions
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex tasks and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter, able to take ownership and initiative in project management
Strong team player- ability to work within a team environment as well as independently and with limited supervisory oversight
Full-time (40 hours per week) with a one-year commitment. This is a hybrid position which requires onsite work one to two days a week. Start date is flexible, but ideally the applicant will start as soon as possible.
TBD. Benefits included.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to Melissa Diamond and at least two professional/academic references. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. The most highly qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.